Monday, June 22, 2009

CommunicAsia 2009: Asia Takes Turn


Some colleagues attended the exhibition said this year is not as merrier as previous year. The Biggest principles were rather to show their existence only compared their presentation in previous years.

I couldn’t reply my colleagues’ opinion much more since I had stopped attending the CommunicAsia since I decided to move out from Siemens Indonesia at 2004.

I really missed the air, meeting others who wear the same ICT shoes, discussion for new products, questioning known products with different point a view and so on.

I gave a B(+) for the whole event because everybody seems cutting their budget down for Financial Crisis starting at end of last year (2008). I didn’t see Indonesian biggest Carrier on the show, they appointed medium companies to take part but they didn’t successfully show their extraordinary products and solutions.

Some vendors from China, Korea and Eastern European countries attracted me for the Radio Communication products but they still couldn’t express me for reliability of its performance. They only shared their success story from their home country rather than worldwide experiences, fanaticism could give subjective approach while I look for the best product for solution.

I saw Indian principals showed their excellent product solution for mostly power system (Battery backup system and UPS), this absolutely took into account in my “two” thumbs up……Hmmm I was thinking Miss Aishwarya Rai to present those products, I would have been in the first row for asking her assistance for product knowledge (sigh).

What a shame, I couldn’t make complete registration for Product applications for my Blackberry Bold at Blackberry Booth because I was in the rush for Sentosa Island tour with my colleagues from DetikCom. Just for your information, I took DetikCom CommunicAsia tour for attending this event by thinking of its simplicity and of course efficiency package Hahaha…

Back to Blackberry talks, I questioned a guy on the booth that we still don’t have Blackberry shops in Indonesia for new applications with no answer. I read in the newspaper that Blackberry has a plan to open a store to compete iPhone existence in Indonesia but until now I haven’t seen any follow ups.
This year I just decided to change my mind from Windows Mobile’s freak to Blackberry’s freak. I surrendered from its marketing package for flat fee Blackberry Internet Service and its robust Push email and other messenger features.

Finally, this event surely could satisfy my hunger of new ICT technologies especially Telco which I supposed to work to.

Till we meet again at CommunicAsia 2010……Insya Allah.

No comments: